When our hair looks and feels good, we feel great and have more confidence at home, out and about, and at work. Attempting to cover bald and thin spots can be a frustrating process and cause you to be self-conscious.
August is National Hair Loss Awareness Month. Here at New Look Institute, we want to take the time to shed light on hair loss which affects an estimated 80 million men and women each year who experience some form of hair loss from minor thinning to complete balding. The good news is that hair loss is not something that has to continue to be a part of your life. Seeking professional hair loss treatment can help you reclaim a full head of hair and begin enjoying life in a whole new way!
What Causes Hair Loss?
The cause of hair loss is not a one size fits all. People lose hair for different reasons and at different rates. The most common cause of hair loss is genetic and is most commonly known as androgenic alopecia. Other causes include:
- Hormonal - A high level of androgens, particularly testosterone can cause hair follicles to shrink and strands of hair to be thin, brittle, or unable to grow at all.
- Health condition - Certain health conditions can cause thinning or balding of the hair. Thyroid conditions and pregnancy are two common examples. This tends to be a temporary form of hair loss. Once you are back to full health, your hair tends to grow back as well.
- Medications - The side effects of medications such as chemotherapy can cause temporary hair loss.
- Stress - Extreme levels of chronic stress can cause your hair to fall out prematurely. This is typically resolved once you are able to lower your stress level.
- Diet - A poor diet that is lacking in essential nutrients needed for the body to function properly can hinder hair growth.
- Trauma - Severe trauma to hair follicles can damage them to the point that they are no longer able to produce healthy strands of hair.
Seek Professional Hair Loss Treatment
Whether your hair loss is permanent or temporary it is understandable that you want to enjoy a full head of hair now. New Look Institute offers a variety of hair loss solutions for both men and women, no matter which stage of hair loss you are in.
Trichology is a form of dermatology that is focused on ensuring your scalp is healthy. A healthy scalp is the first step to promoting healthy, natural hair growth.
Topical Thickening/Hair Regrowth Treatments
New Look Institute Offers topical solutions that are all plant and fruit-based and designed to nurture your hair follicles and stimulate new hair growth. This solution is often combined with laser hair growth therapy, which uses low levels of laser light to increase blood flow to the hair follicles and therefore stimulate hair growth. The proper mixture of treatments and products depends on the individual's needs. A trichologist practitioner can analyze each person's needs and make the best recommendation to regain a healthy scalp and healthy hair.
Hair Restoration Systems
Hair restoration systems work best for men or women experiencing mild thinning to complete baldness. Our selection of hair restoration systems can be seamlessly integrated with your existing hair and work with any lifestyle including athletics and swimming.
Wigs, Toppers, and Extensions
Wigs, toppers, and extensions are hair loss solutions for those who are experiencing temporary forms of hair loss. New Look Institute's custom-made wigs are great for those experiencing temporary hair loss or those looking for a simple solution to balding or thinning. Toppers and extensions for women add volume and length to thinning hair.
Get Started Living Your Best Life
Don't let hair loss hold you back. Celebrate National Hair Loss Awareness Month by seeking professional hair loss treatment. New Look Institute is San Jose's premier hair restoration studio. Schedule your free hair analysis and let our stylists help you achieve the full head of hair you've always wanted!
SHARE THIS ARTICLE: