Women are always striving for gorgeous hair and the eternal good hair day by consistently trying the latest products or gadgets to get that look. You know, that fresh off the runway look, But at what cost? Flat irons, hair product chemicals, and harsh brush bristles are murder on your hair. As women age, their hair naturally tends to thin out in there 50’s and 60’s. Experts believe this problem to be hormonal, but haven’t determined the exact cause of thinning hair with age.
Thinning hair may also be attributed to how you treat your hair on a daily basis. Intense heat and chemicals can affect your roots and in turn cause male pattern baldness. Wearing cornrows, tight braids, or weaves can also cause hair loss and sometimes it doesn’t grow back.
Here are some simple tips to help avoid damaging your hair:
- Use brushes with soft bristles.
- Often condition your hair after shampooing it with proper pH balanced products.
- Use hair products that don’t contain sulfates or parabens.
- Try not to overexpose your hair to highlighting or hair coloring chemicals.
- Cut down on weekly use of flat or curling irons.
- Trim your hair regularly to get rid of split ends.
- Taking Biotin and vitamins on a regular basis may also increase healthy hair growth.
If you’ve found yourself suffering from hair loss and it may be self-inflicted, come meet privately with a hair loss specialist here at the New Look Institute. Contact us today and we’ll set up a hair and scalp consultation.
Photo Credit: Artur Chalyj via Flickr Creative Commons
SHARE THIS ARTICLE: