No-Shave November involves putting down your razor for 30 days and donating your beard maintenance expenses to organizations dedicated to progress in cancer care and research. Founded in 2009 by the Hill family in honor of their father, Matthew Hill, who passed away due to colon cancer in November 2007, this annual event has grown exponentially over the past seven years and raised over $2 million to date.
Organizations that benefit from these funds include the American Cancer Society, Prevent Cancer Foundation, Fight Colorectal Cancer, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
How to Participate in No-Shave November
Participating in No-Shave November is simple: create a personal fundraising page on www.no-shave.org, stop shaving, and embrace your hair to support those who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment. Participation of any kind is encouraged; grow out a beard, cultivate a mustache, or let your chest hair grow unrestrained.
You can participate on your own or as a team, and collect donations by sharing your personal fundraising page with your friends, relatives, and colleagues.
Grooming Tips for No-Shave November
Grooming is acceptable throughout No-Shave November, so you need not worry about looking unkempt while supporting this great cause.
Follow these tips to groom your beard and stay looking sharp.
- Wash it regularly with a mild shampoo. After shampooing, apply conditioner to help soften your facial hair.
- Gently pat your beard dry with a soft towel. Patting it dry helps you avoid skin irritation and prevent excess frizz.
- Apply 2-3 drops of beard oil to it every day. Starting at the base of your neck, massage the oil into your beard hairs and the skin underneath, paying particular attention to dry and itchy areas.
- Comb your beard with a wide-toothed comb or brush your beard with a wild boar bristle brush to distribute the beard oil evenly. Combing and brushing your beard also helps remove loose hairs and prevent tangles.
- Growing your hair out for No-Shave November does not require you to forego looking good. By following these tips, you can look and feel your best while raising funds to support cancer prevention, education, and research.
At New Look Institute we believe in supporting charitable causes that fight cancer. We also specialize in hair replacement for those who are suffering from hair loss due to medical treatments or other conditions. We will find the hair loss solution that is right for you. To schedule a free consultation call us at (408) 279-4247 or to contact us via email click here.
Photo Credit: Unsplash Via Pixabay
SHARE THIS ARTICLE: